Follow my blog with Bloglovin Follow

Sunday, 16 August 2015

NEW SERIES! Wellbeing Update August 2015 - Loving Me

I thought I would start another series on my blog called Loving Me, in which every month around 14th of the month I update on how I have been feeling about myself, what I have learned about myself, any achievements I have made over that month. 

This month has been quite interesting to say the least, in the fact that I have learned that I am actually able to accomplish a lot on my own terms. I think this is a big to learn as a disabled person because you are told by some people in society how you are supposed to be, but this is not the case at all. I have learned I need to grab every opportunity I can but not at cost leaving my personality and enthusiasm behind. If you work hard, the rewards will come. It is why I am in the process of setting up a lot of goals and projects I want to accomplish in achieving a really truly healthy wellbeing both mentally and physically. Mentally, it is about putting my creativity to good use in order to achieve my dream. I have a lot of exciting news to tell you about that soon (hopefully within the next few months). 

So, three lessons I have learned about myself in the last month. 

1. I don't believe in I can't it is all about I can. My favourite saying this month seems to be I tried but it wasn't for me at this time. 
2. The most important opinion is MY OWN. 
3. The reflections may not be what you interpret. A little explanation/ anecdote is that I always thought that everyone saw the disability before they saw me, but it is the complete opposite some have said after knowing me for months that they didn't realise I was disabled and then others see the fact that my disability is a part of me along with my personality. To those who have said this to me I can't thank you enough and I love you for it. 

How do you remind yourself to be who you want to be? What have you learned about yourself this month? Comment below or tweet me on Twitter @MissKathrynAB. 

No comments:

Post a Comment